The RSPB are looking for a Volunteer Intern to join their team in Banbury as a Conservation Officer.
Why you should join:
If you want a career in conservation, then this internship can really help you on your way. You will gain valuable practical experience working on current conservation challenges as an integral member of a small, busy team covering a large region.
Specific work varies according to circumstance and time of year. Depending on your own interests, career aspirations and duration of your internship we can help you specialise in particular areas such as: Planning casework and site protection; conservation policy advocacy; conservation advice delivery; wildlife survey and monitoring work; project development and management; GIS use for conservation.
Volunteer Perks: This opportunity is designed to give you the training and experience needed to kick-start a career in conservation. We will assist and support your personal development and progression towards this goal.
We offer to reimburse your travel expenses within a 25 mile radius of the office.
|It is essential that you…
1) Have enthusiasm for and a demonstrable interest in nature conservation;
2) Have a desire to pursue a career in nature conservation;
3) Are 18 years old or over when you start the internship;
4) Are available 3 days per week for at least 6 months;
5) Are educated to A-level standard or equivalent;
6) Are computer literate on core Microsoft Office packages;
7) Have a confident, friendly and polite phone manner;
8) Have a high standard of written and spoken English;
9) Are prepared to maintain confidential information;
10) Are able to collate, process and present information from different sources, in graphic and written forms;
The ideal candidate will also…
11) Be able to travel independently to sometimes remote locations in the region;
12) Have some general knowledge of British wildlife;
13) Have some basic knowledge of current nature conservation issues in Britain;
14) Have prior experience working with maps and spatial data (and ideally, GIS).
Location: RSPB Midlands Regional Office, Banbury, Oxfordshire
When does the volunteering take place: The volunteering will start in October 2017.
The RSPB are looking for a commitment of 3 days a week for 6 – 12 months.
There is an application process for this role. The deadline for applications is Monday 4th September at 9am prompt.
Interviews will take place on Friday 15th September in Banbury.
How to apply: