What is the role: Peer Support Voluntary Facilitator
Who is the role for: Blurt Foundation
What’s involved: The role of the facilitator is to be a person of authority within one of our peer support forums. You will ensure the group runs smoothly, that rules and guidelines are implemented, enable members to feel safe and maintain the friendly tone of the group. You will deal with problems swiftly and are able to maintain neutrality, authority, confidence, patience, warmth, kindness and understanding.
This role entails good leadership skills, good decision making skills, good problem solving skills, respect for fellow moderators and the ability to work together as a team. You will monitor and moderate user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe environment for its members.
Why you should get involved: This is a fantastic way to support people with depression, whilst learning to manage your time, work as part of a team and support others. You will be provided with online training and ongoing support and supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of discussions between the moderating team
- Understand that they are representing Blurt in all communication
- Be helpful to members and fellow moderators
- Not allow personal feelings about an individual member get in the way of moderating. Impartiality and patience are essential
- A computer and internet connection is vital
- A DBS check will be undertaken for this role
- All volunteers are to asked to commit a minimum of 3 hours per week
How to sign up: Online application: https://www.blurtitout.org/peer-support-group-volunteer-facilitator