What is the role: Chair of Trustees
Who is the role for: Bridewell Gardens
What does the organisation do: Founded in 1994, the Gardens are a mental health charity offering social and therapeutic horticulture to adults with mental health illnesses. They help people to lead active lives in their community with minimal external support.
- Ensure Bridewell operates within its charitable objectives
- To provide leadership to the charity and the Board of 11 Trustees
- To plan and Chair trustee meetings effectively – typically these are held 4 times a year.
- To represent Bridewell at external meetings, functions and events.
- An understanding of the impact mental illness has on people’s lives
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector and experience of trustee work
- A commitment to Bridewell’s work, the values of the organisation and its objectives
- Integrity and good independent judgement
- The ability to think creatively and work effectively as a member of a team
- Experience of chairing meetings and some knowledge of charity finance and fundraising
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and legalities of being Chair
How to apply: In the first instance please contact Mary Elford for an informal discussion and further information. There will then be an application form and CV, preliminary meeting with key staff and trustees and an interview process.