What is the role: Retail assistant for MIND – 118 Walton Street, OX2 26AJ
You will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of retail: using a till, stock rotation, hanging , steaming, labelling clothes and pricing stock. Sorting books, bric and brac, toys etc
The role of the volunteer is to cover any aspect of charity retail that best suits them, from shop floor to behind the scenes, we encourage volunteers to develop their skills and interests and choose whichever aspect of the role that most interests them and most importantly to have fun! We support our volunteers and encourage them in any way we can. It is a great place to meet new people and become part of friendly and fun team.
- Full training is given on how to use the till and steamer
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided
- You will receive a discount on purchases
- We offer an NVQ in customer service for those who fit the criteria
- There are no specific skills required for this role and all training is provided. You can do this role from aged 14 years and over
How to apply: Potential Volunteers will need to come to the shop where they will be given an easy application form to fill in (which we are happy to help with, [please note 2 character references are required]) we will then discuss with them what hour(s) and day(s) they are available, we will then show them around and introduce them to the volunteers who are in at the time.