What is the role: Fundraising Group Treasurer
Who is the role for: Marie Curie Didcot and Abingdon Fundraising Group
When does the volunteering take place: Our groups tend to meet every one to two months and banking activities would take place after fundraising events
Where does the volunteering take place: In the community
What the role involves:
As a Fundraising Group Treasurer, you will use your financial skills and eye for detail to bank and record all monies raised and to advise the group on event budgets.
Groups tend to meet everyone one to two months.
What we need you to do:
- Count, bank and record all money raised, collected and donated to the group.
- Inform Marie Curie of all transactions using the forms provided.
- Work with the group to create and adhere to realistic budgets for fundraising activities.
- Maintain records of income and expenditure relating to Fundraising Group events.
- Respond to queries relating to the income and expenditure of the group.
- Provide regular financial updates at the group’s meetings
Why you should sign up:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work as part of a team of volunteers and develop or utilise their financial skills and eye for detail.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to play an important role in helping the work of a national charity.
- Toolkits and guidelines to help you in your role.
- Regular support and contact from your local fundraising team.
- The opportunity to meet new people in your area and share a common purpose
- Good numeracy, administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage simple budgets and record simple financial information.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Basic IT skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- A genuine interest in and desire to support the work of Marie Curie.
- Honesty and reliability.
- As you will be handling money, references are required
How to sign up: Contact Sarah Phillips-Lord, Fundraising Volunteer Development Manager on 07595 089690 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat.