What is the role: Carers Peer Support Group Volunteer
Who is the role for: Alzheimer’s Society
When does the volunteering take place:
Didcot: Once a month on a Thursday, 10am – 11:30am at Didcot Health Centre
Witney: Once a month on a Monday, 10am – 11:30am at The Elms Centre
What the role involves: You will provide support to the group facilitator and attendees to enable everyone to participate in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment.
Why you should sign up: It is a valuable service and means a lot to the attendees, volunteers are the life blood of the service, without them, we cannot keep groups like this going.
This role would suit someone who is:
- Knowledgeable about, or willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people;
- Someone who has good communication and listening skills, especially face to face;
- Able to recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice;
- Prepared to undergo an induction into the role and attend necessary training
- Keen to provide a high standard of service;
Comfortable following policies, procedures and guidance;
- Committed to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity; and
- Comfortable in attending group activities
References are required for this role.
How to sign up: For more information and to apply, contact Bernadette Papadakis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0118 959 6482