Ronald McDonald House, based in the Children’s Hospital, is a 17 bedroom ‘home away
from home’ facility providing a safe haven for families with a sick child undergoing treatment. As an independent registered charity, the team relies on the support of businesses and the local community to raise the running costs and there are many opportunities to get involved.
From baking a cake to manning one of our stalls in the hospital, shaking a bucket at a local supermarket or giving us a hand in the kitchen to offer a tasty breakfast to families at a very anxious time – we’d love to hear from you if you have an hour to spare! If you’re interested, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01865 223218
Upcoming events you can take part in!
- 21st April – Tea Day to allow the families a chance to meet each other. We’ll need helping hands to make and serve tea and cake and provide welcoming faces.
- 24th June – Our annual gala dinner! If you are seeking event management experience this is a great opportunity to help with decorations, secure raffle prizes and run photo booths
- 9th June: Pyjama Party – we are looking for local businesses and school children to swap their clothes for their pyjamas and we need a volunteer to organise the fun!
- 9th July: Bring the fun to our teddy bears picnic at Didcot Railway Station. We need volunteers to help with face painting, sack races and manning stalls.
- 29th July – We’ll be in Aylesbury running a tombola, book sale and face painting.
Other opportunities: In the house we hold monthly breakfast mornings where a group of volunteers can come and cook waffles with us – there is also a chance to interact with the families and see how the house works.