What is the role: Treasurer
Who is the role for: Oxford and District Mencap
When does the volunteering take place: This is a role you can do from home and should take no more than half a day or an evening each week. There is an evening meeting in Oxford every 2 months.
What the role involves:
Managing the charity’s finances and supporting the work and decision making of the committee.
Other duties include:
– End of year accounts
– Payments and management of reserves and bank account
– Managing of expenditure, income and budgeting providing a monthly report
– Fundraising with the support of the committee
– Management of transport and accommodation costs
– Involvement in our activities to know and understand what we do
Why you should sign up: Oxford Mencap are committed to ensuring people with a learning disability are equally valued and have equal opportunities in their community. This a rewarding role that helps your local community, it involves
volunteering with a great bunch of people and making a difference
to vulnerable children, adults and their families.
Skills required: Experience in the financial or legal sector, financial acumen, enthusiasm and good organisational skills are necessary.
Due to the financial responsibility of this role a DBS check and references are required.
How to sign up: Contact Katie Hollier at email@example.com or call on