What is the role: Secretary of the Development Committee
Who is the role for: Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust
When and where does the volunteering take place:
- There are 3 or 4 evening committee meetings a year
- We would like you to help organise 2 events a year for pledged donors
- We would like you to attend 3 meetings of the whole Council each year.
- Travel and other expenses will be covered
What this role involves: As the Secretary of the Development (i.e. fundraising) Committee you will be responsible to the Chair of Trustees for ensuring the central coordination of our fundraising, the smooth running of the Committee, for maintaining the remotely hosted database of those who have given or pledged money to OHCT and contact them through occasional mailshots and emails and the organisation of two events a year. Using a fundraising database you will have a central role in following up pledges made in our recent successful (professionally mentored) campaign to raise a £3m endowment and in processing donations made in our current campaign to help finance security alarms for churches.
Why you should sign up:
|This is an interesting part-time voluntary role for anybody with the necessary skills and an interest in the heritage which our churches represent. This could be the ideal way for you to get into fundraising if you have no previous experience of it. The supportive Committee brings together much successful fundraising experience, and you will be joining a friendly county-wide organisation of people who work together to help preserve and enhance Oxfordshire’s historic churches of all denominations and encourage wider support for this cultural heritage through increased public awareness and understanding.|
Skills required for this role:
- You need strong written and spoken communication skills
- You need good office skills including MS Office software
- You need to be happy learning new IT skills (you will be trained to use the database).
- No previous fundraising experience is required
How to find out more: If you would like to find out more about this role contact Basil Eastwood our Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him on 01608 811651. There is a more information about us on our website www.ohct.org.uk