Looking for a hands on, one-off volunteering opportunity in the fresh air?
What is the role: Lambing Weekend Volunteers – 20 people needed to help ensure the weekends are a huge success
Where volunteering happens: Earth Trust, Little Wittenham, Oxfordshire, OX14 4QZ’
When: Sat 25th & Sun 26th March, Sat 1st & Sun 2nd April. The event will run from 9:30am-5:00pm on each of the four days.
What’s involved: Volunteering at Lambing provides volunteers with the chance to help at our busiest public event of the year. The Trust welcomes up to 2,000 visitors a day to see lambs being born at the Earth Trust Farm. There are a wide range of roles and we always do our best to match volunteers up with tasks that they are happy to do. In return, volunteers have the opportunity to work as part of a team, put their skills to good use or even learn some new ones. All our volunteers are well supported by members of Earth Trust staff on the day.
Duties could include:
* Welcoming arriving cars, directing traffic and parking
* Selling tickets and admitting visitors
* Helping with family craft activities
* Managing visitors in the sheep sheds
Morning Briefing and Lunch: All volunteers will have a briefing on the morning of the event, and any equipment or clothing will be handed out and explained. All our volunteer team will be provided with lunch.
* Enjoy meeting and helping people, especially young children
* Flexible and happy to muck-in as required
* Some roles will require a good degree of physical fitness and will suit those who are happy to be on their feet all day, but we will find roles for all physical abilities.
* Ability to travel independently to the Earth Trust Farm
Want to find out more? If you’d like to know more contact Alison Grunewald, Volunteer Development Manager at the Earth Trust Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org.