Who is the role for: Sobell House
When does the volunteering take place: There are opportunities to volunteer Monday – Sunday, typically from 10am 3pm. There are also afternoon slots from 3 – 8pm.
Where does the volunteering take place: On the hospice site – mainly on the ward, but other admin roles are also available.
What is involved:
Meet and Greet / General administration
In this role you will provide a welcoming and informed first point of contact for people arriving to the Ward. Your main activities will include answering phone calls, dealing with general enquiries, showing patients to visitors rooms and other parts of the ward e.g. toilets, refreshment facilities and so on.
We are also interested to hear from volunteers with a background in administration. Ideally your experience will be in a health and social care environment but this is not essential. This role incudes all of the tasks for the general administrator position plus additional duties working with ward admin staff. These activities will depend on your skills and experience.
Why you should get involved: We are urgently in need of volunteer administrators to assist on our ward welcome desk and on the ward. These are hugely rewarding roles that will place you at the heart of the ward; volunteering as part of a close and supportive team. Sobell House plays a big part in the local community and this is a chance to be part of a welcoming, enthusiastic and dedicated team.
Ideally you will have:
- Good customer service skills
- A calm approachable manner
- A good work ethic, willingness to be hands on
- An organised and systematic approach
- Basic experience of office equipment (photocopier, fax)
- Confident and articulate communication skills; able to communicate effectively face-to-face, via telephone with people at all levels
- Good written and spoken English
- A basic level of numeracy
- Basic IT skills may be advantageous but not essential as use of computer systems is not required.
Due to the nature of these roles a DBS check and references are required. You are asked to commit to volunteering once a week.
How to get involved: Complete an application form. Contact details can also be found here if you have any further questions.