What is the role: Neighbourly Help Co-ordinator
Who is the role for: North Oxford Association with Oxfordshire Community First and Cutteslowe Community Association
When does the volunteering take place: Every weekday for 2 – 4 hours (this role could be split between 2 volunteers)
Where does the volunteering take place: This role could take place in Summertown, Cutteslow Community Centre or elsewhere. Travel will be required to meet clients and volunteers.
What does the role involve: This role involves taking calls for help from older and vulnerable people in Oxford who need transport to the doctor and other vital services, or help with everyday tasks like shopping. You will be required to match a suitable volunteer to the task requested. You will also be required to meet prospective volunteers.
Other duties include maintaining a volunteer/client database and identifying the suitability of volunteers to clients
Why you should sign up to this role: A great opportunity to make a huge difference to a wide community with diverse needs and to gain unique experience working with a team of volunteers and clients. A demanding but very rewarding role. The role could be split between two people
Skills required for this role:
- An understanding of and empathy with the needs of older and vulnerable people
- An understanding of the role of volunteers and how to motivate and retain volunteers
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Up to date computer skills including experience of using Microsoft Office
- A mobile phone will be provided. You will need to have access to a computer
Interested in finding out more: Email Sarah on email@example.com
Please note that due to the nature of this role references and a DBS check are required. Expenses are paid and you will be provided with training. Ideally you would need access to a car.