What is the role: PR Volunteer
Who for: Forever Hounds Trust
When: This is a really flexible role and could be done by more than one volunteer. It should only take a few hours a week.
Where: All volunteer roles are home based as the Trust does not have an office
What is involved: The role encompasses the tasks described below:
- Researching, writing and distributing local press releases
- Publicising events on social media
- Producing posters and other promotional material
Why you should sign up: Are you mad about animals? Want to do something to really help these often misunderstood dogs?
Volunteering with Forever Hounds Trust gives you the opportunity to build new skills, meet new people and gain valuable experience – and it’s fun too! Volunteers are the lifeblood of Forever Hounds Trust– we simply could not do what we do every day without our amazing volunteers and we are so proud of all that we achieve across the eight regions that we currently operate in. The dedication and strength of everyone’s commitment to guarantee a better future for the hundreds of greyhounds and lurchers helped every year by Forever Hounds Trust is what helped make us the Animal Charity Team of the Year (2013 as Greyhound Rescue West of England).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate
- An ability to participate in regular team emails and calls to exchange ideas
- It would be great if you have skills in photography, PR or marketing
- A commitment to the work of the Trust
Support provided: Volunteers are provided with training in data protection and relevant charity policies and reasonable travel expenses are paid.
References are required for this role.
How to get involved: Contact the charity’s Volunteer Coordinator Anna by phone 07714 620 481 or email Anna.Claxton@foreverhoundstrust.org