What is the role: Helpline and Enquiries Volunteer
Who for: Forever Hounds Trust
When: A weekly shift of 4 – 8 hours or a full day (8am – 8pm)
Where: All volunteer roles are home based as the Trust does not have an office
What is involved: The role encompasses the tasks described below:
- Volunteers will answer calls during an agreed time when the 03000 number is transferred to the volunteer’s home landline
- Volunteers will forward all home offers, queries, intake requests, etc. to the relevant Forever Hounds Trust contact
- Accurately record, forward and retrieve data, queries and daily call activity using the appropriate forms and emails (full training will be provided).
Why you should sign up: Are you mad about animals? Want to do something to really help these often misunderstood dogs?
Volunteering with Forever Hounds Trust gives you the opportunity to build new skills, meet new people and gain valuable experience – and it’s fun too! Volunteers are the lifeblood of Forever Hounds Trust– we simply could not do what we do every day without our amazing volunteers and we are so proud of all that we achieve across the eight regions that we currently operate in. The dedication and strength of everyone’s commitment to guarantee a better future for the hundreds of greyhounds and lurchers helped every year by Forever Hounds Trust is what helped make us the Animal Charity Team of the Year (2013 as Greyhound Rescue West of England).
- Have a good knowledge of the geographical locations covered by the Volunteer Regional Homing and Intake Officers (information will be provided)
- Computer literacy, excellent communication and record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively other volunteers, the Forever Hounds Trust team and with the public
- Positive attitude, dedication, tact and sensitivity
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Knowledge – or willingness to learn – about the Data Protection Act of 1998 and how it applies to charities (full guidelines are available)
- An enthusiasm for Forever Hounds Trust’s work and the ability to represent the Charity at all levels (experience of sighthounds preferred)
- Commitment to the Charity’s objectives and knowledge – or willingness to learn – about Forever Hounds Trust, its history, mission and values.
Support provided: Volunteers are provided with training and reasonable travel expenses are paid.
References are required for this role.
How to get involved: Contact the charity’s Volunteer Coordinator Anna by phone 07714 620 481 or email Anna.Claxton@foreverhoundstrust.org