Soldiers of Oxfordshire Front of House volunteers
What do Front of House volunteers do?
Our Front of House volunteers provide a friendly welcome to visitors coming to the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum. They explain what there is to see and do, give directions and offer general assistance as required.
Our volunteers need to be able and willing to learn to operate a till to sell tickets and items in the shop.
No prior knowledge of military history is needed, but volunteers need to be enthusiastic about the museum and happy to chat to visitors who engage them. When necessary, our volunteers need to be confident to record visitors’ details and pass on requests to staff.
What makes a good Front of House volunteer?
We are looking for people who:
* can welcome visitors with a smile and communicate well with the general public
* are interested in the museum and keen to make it accessible to people of all ages and backgrounds
* have plenty of common sense and can handle mild pressure
* are happy to receive training
* can commit regular time to help us – typically half a day every fortnight
* will make sure they keep up to speed with our latest news
Why you might enjoy this role?
* You will be part of a large team of enthusiastic and friendly staff and volunteers, in a brand new building in a beautiful setting!
* Your role will be varied and rewarding, supporting a new and exciting enterprise
* You will receive training and support, learning new skills and knowledge
* You will receive discounts and special invitations
* You will gain valuable transferable skills and experience to help with possible career plans
What to do next…
If this sounds like you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Our volunteer recruitment process involves an informal chat to find out if the role would be right for you.