MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) – £200
Book 3 delegates or more at a discounted rate of £160 each
MHFA is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health. By completing this course it will develop your skills, abilities and confidence in being able to support individuals with a range of mental health conditions.
The 2 day workshop will be delivered by 2 fully trained, certified MHFA Trainers.
The course is split into 4 manageable chunks. These are;
· What is mental health
· Anxiety and depression
In each section you will learn how to;
· Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
· Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
· Provide help on a first aid basis
· Help prevent someone hurting themselves or others
· Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
· Help someone recover faster
· Guide someone towards the right support
· Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Who can attend?
· The course is simply for anyone. All that we ask is for you to be above the age of 16. This is due to some of the content being quite sensitive and can be upsetting to some. We want to ensure that we create a safe and suitable learning environment for all out attendees.
Where can I find more information or book on the course?
· For more information about our MHFA Standard training or to book please contact Harmless and ask for Sophie Allen (Training Coordinator and MHFA Trainer)
Telephone: 0115 9348445
Date(s): 25th and 26th November 2015
Times: 9:00am – 5:00pm (both days)
7 Mansfield Road
Please note: Attendance on all days of the workshop is mandatory
Lunch, refreshments and all resources will be provided on both days of the workshop.